Why should I set a child policy?
Approximately 9% of bookings on Agoda have children included, and these travelers are often looking for accommodations with more space, more privacy, and amenities like kitchens. Setting a child policy will make you place more visible to families booking on Agoda by letting them know your property is suitable for children, as well as allowing children to stay free with paying adults.
Why should I allow children to stay for free?
Approximately 70% of hotels on Agoda have a child policy that allow children to stay for free, and by doing the same you will be more competitive with hotels and other properties. We recommend you set the maximum age no lower than 12 years old and allow at least 2 children stay for free in order to cover the majority of groups with children.
How do I let families know my place is suitable for children?
- Go to Listings
- Select Edit listing
- Under Basics, go to Is your place family friendly?
- Click the switch next to ‘Children can stay at your place’ to YES
How do I turn on a child policy?
- Click the switch next to ‘Children can stay for free with paying adults’ to YES
- Select the Maximum age that a child can stay for free:
- Select the Maximum number of children that can stay for free:
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and Click the “Save” button.
If you select that children can stay at your place, you may want to add additional amenities or take additional safety measures. Below are some recommended child-safety measures from safety organizations around the world:
- Use Safety Latches and Locks for cabinets and drawers in kitchens, bathrooms, and other areas to help prevent poisonings and other injuries.
- Use Safety Gates to help prevent falls down stairs and to keep children from entering rooms and other areas with possible dangers.
- Use Anti-Scald Devices for faucets and shower heads and set your water heater temperature to 120 degrees Fahrenheit to help prevent burns from hot water.
- Use Smoke Alarms on every level of your home, inside each bedroom, and outside sleeping areas to alert you to fires.
- Use Corner and Edge Bumpers to help prevent injuries from falls against sharp edges of furniture and fireplaces.
- Use Outlet Covers and Outlet Plates to help prevent electrocution.
- Use Anchors to Avoid Furniture and Appliance Tip-Overs.
- Use Layers of Protection with Pools and Spas, like a barrier surrounding the pool or spa including a 4-foot tall fence with self-closing, self-latching gate.