The spread of COVID-19 has resulted in a rapidly evolving situation. It has become increasingly crucial for property owners to understand proper cleaning procedures as this will reassure guests that they are staying in a safe environment. The overall cleanliness of a property, how cleaning and sanitization is carried out between stays, and how this is explained to guests has become vital to securing bookings. Now is the time to update your existing cleaning protocols to ensure you are minimizing the spread of viruses and other germs. Once done, you’ll want to let potential guests know about the enhanced steps you are taking to ensure the cleanliness of your Homes.
Follow these six key steps to keep your property clean, inform travelers of your cleanliness efforts, and stay up to date with recommended guidelines or policies.
- Prepare for the cleaning session by stocking up on the recommended cleaning supplies and protective gear.
- Clean and sanitize your property following the recommended guidelines.
- Properly dispose of and store cleaning supplies to avoid cross contamination between cleaning sessions and to keep yourself or others safe.
- Provide safety for guests during their stay by putting measures in place to enhance your cleaning and ensure safe interactions with guests.
- Inform travelers of your safety efforts by updating the profile your Agoda listing.
- Review public health and local government guidelines to get the most relevant and up-to-date information for your market.
These Agoda cleanliness guidelines (Reference Guidelines) are provided to you for your reference only. In developing the Reference Guidelines, Agoda took into consideration elements of certain public health guidelines, including recommendations from the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC). You should treat the Reference Guidelines as a bare minimum standard of care. You are strongly encouraged to adopt a higher standard of care to the maximum reasonable extent, and you acknowledge that additional - or more stringent - measures may very well be necessary to properly clean and disinfect accommodations or protect your guests and staff. The Reference Guidelines are not intended to be a substitute for any guidelines issued by local government authorities in your jurisdiction (Local Guidelines). We encourage you to keep up to date with all Local Guidelines and to adjust your practices accordingly to fully comply with all Local Guidelines. You acknowledge and agree that you are solely responsible for keeping your accommodations clean, disinfected, and safe and that Agoda is not directly or indirectly liable to you, or any of your affiliates, for any harm, damages, costs, expenses, penalties, awards, or claims relating to your adherence or non-adherence to the Reference Guidelines. You acknowledge that the Reference Guidelines may be amended by Agoda from time to time.