Tips on tidying up bedrooms:
- Before you start shooting, make sure the clutter from the main bedroom is cleared. Cleaner scenes are less distracting to travelers and will make your space more welcoming.
- Leave out unsightly objects. Make sure windows, mirrors and floors are spotless.
- Turn off the television and hide any wires or cables.
- Leave in the room only what’s available when guests arrive – for example, do not add items like flower arrangements, assortment of magazines, or items that is won’t be offered to guests.
- Set the ambiance to reflect the energy of your place but don’t overdo it or the space would look unnatural.
Tips on tidying up bathrooms:
- It is important to have clean bathrooms. These details matter and should not be underestimated.
- Toilet seats must be closed.
- A full roll of toilet paper makes it seem like it was recently cleaned.
- Make sure sinks, showers and baths are not wet. Open shower curtains, if it is not glass, so travelers can get the full picture.
- Towels that are hanging or folded should be of equal lengths.
- Trash bins must be empty.
Things to avoid:
- Road signs or parked cars.
- Identifying information such as house numbers.
- People or animals.
- Any corporate logos, especially hotels.
- Unsightly objects or views such as construction sites nearby.
- Poorly lit places.
- Identical images taken at a different angle.
- Images of area landmarks or views that you cannot see from the property.